Telluride Angels are successful men and women who are accredited investors with a wide range of industry experiences and backgrounds from all over the country. We all have at least two things in common: our love for Telluride and our desire to find and invest in young, exciting companies.
Investing in private start-ups is always risky and often tricky too. There are many benefits to becoming a member:
- Gain access to quality deal flow for early stage companies. Some of these companies are seeking their first group of seed investors; others have committed funding and are looking for tag-along investors to close their round. All companies presented to our members are screened and evaluated by our advisory group.
- Diversify your risks of investing in start-ups. Telluride Angels provides a group of like-minded people with whom you can discuss deals, collaborate on due diligence and co-invest in select opportunities.
- Develop friendships and camaraderie with a group of like-minded people who are all connected to Telluride.
- Learn from peers and guest speakers the new trends and investment techniques with early-stage companies.
- By joining Telluride Angels, you will receive a periodic email (not more than 1 per month) with a schedule of gatherings and selected company profiles and news.
- Gatherings take place four to six times per year primarily in the winter and summer months. We don't expect you to make every meeting, but hope you can make at least a couple.
- The companies selected to present include B-2-C and B-2-B covering a wide range of industries and markets. We try to stay away from biotech and life sciences that have long investment cycles. They are all early-stage companies seeking seed rounds or growth capital ranging from $250,000 to $1,000,000. Typical individual investments range from $10,000 to $200,000.
- There is no obligation to invest when you join. You will be responsible for your own due diligence and ultimately your own investment decision. Telluride Angels is not a vehicle or fund that makes investments on your behalf. Your negotiations and investments are done privately with each opportunity you opt to pursue.
Become a telluride angel member
If you are an accredited investor and you would like to become a member of Telluride Angels, please fill out the form below and one of our coordinators will get back to you. All of your information, interest and participation is kept strictly confidential.